Thursday, July 12, 2012

AIRPORTS
words and music by Julia Vidito
copyright 2012

We said goodbye in the airport
Funny, that's the place we first said hello 
Years ago when we were children 
And you still loved me so
The thing about airports and me; 
We're always struggling to know where we are
So many thoughts from everywhere just passing through
Some parts are always in the dark... 
Some things are always in the dark

And woven through this heart of mine 
A tangled cord I can't unwind
I thought I'd love you all my life... all my life

Looking back it's plane to see 
That you and I could never soar hand in hand
But all young dreamers only see the white clouds
Unaware of where we'll land
And in the dark parts of me
Are secrets I don't even know on my own 
If there's one thing that you should hear in my song... 
I'm sorry you felt so alone

We may have regrets, but maybe what we've learned was worth the price
I'd do it all again if only to recall the love in your eyes

And woven through this heart of mine
The threads of you I won't unwind
And I will love you all my life
Woven through this heart of mine 
The threads of you I won't unwind
And I will love you all my life... all my life 

No comments:

Post a Comment