Sunday, July 15, 2012

I AM YOUR G-D
Behind the music...

This song may not be my favorite of the ones I've written, but it is very important to me.  It is the song that begins the album, Finding You, and it is likely to be the song that begins any concerts I do for a long time.  No matter what else is going on in my life; no matter what my history says about me; no matter where I find myself in the future, the message of this song is something that I want as a covering over everything else.  The first lines are: Do not be afraid for I am your G-d.  I created the heavens and earth.  I know who you are.  I wrote this song in a time of so much uncertainty.  I had been laid off; I had no money and needed a different place to live.  There was a lot going on at that time to make me anxious, but one day I was listening to a song that ends with these words; "Do not be afraid." The song just repeats those words over and over and so they were repeated in my mind for a few days after that.  I was asking G-d for guidance and help, but most of all, I was learning to trust in Him in new and practical ways.  One day I sat down at my keyboard and my trust and faith, during all the uncertainty, came out in this song.  "Do not be afraid, for I am your G-d.  I created the heavens and earth.  I KNOW who you are..."  It is my sincere desire that I never forget the things that brought me to those words and I hope that anyone who hears them will be encouraged that G-d knows you.  He will guide your path and never let you fall. 

Love and Shalom, 
Julia 

No comments:

Post a Comment