Thursday, July 12, 2012


NO SYMPATHY (FOR THE DEVIL)
Words and Music by Julia Vidito 
Copyright 2012

Please allow me to introduce myself
Cause I think that you just might be confused
My name has been kicked around; it's been slandered and it's been misused
I was there at the dawn of creation.  I saw the first breath of man
And when Lucifer was kicked out of Heaven
I was seated at G-d's right hand
I hope you know who I am; Son of G-d; son of man


I came to Earth, I was tempted by the devil
With my heel, I crushed the serpent's head
I cast his demons to the swine; they were screamin' and runnin' 
Because they know who I am 
Son of G-d; son of man...I hope you know who I am

The devil, he was plotting while I was healing cripples
He thought he knew my fate
I said, "Come to me, you weary, and I will give your rest
O but, Lucifer, for you it's too late
I know you know who I am
Son of G-d, son of man


Isaiah was a prophet.  He painted you this picture: 
A man of sorrow and grief
Yes, it's true that I was beaten, despised and rejected
Just couldn't get no relief
Who do you say that I am? Son of G-d; son of man

You know Lucifer was laughin' when they laid me in the tomb
They buried me in the ground
The prince of darkness should have known
I am the Prince of Heaven! and you can't keep a good man down! 
Oh don't you know who I am?! Son of G-d; son of man
I hope you know who I am because I'm coming back again! 


Hallelujah, hallelujah - He's coming back again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment